Taylor Lautner’s workout routine includes cardio, and strength training, and weight lifting. Working out five days a week and two days rest is crucial for maintaining a muscular physique. By gaining worldwide recognition for the twilight saga, Taylor has gained quite a muscular body which attracts many viewers and everyone was astonished by his body transformation in a year.
Who is Taylor Lautner?
Taylor Lautner is an American Model and actor known for his role as Jacob black in the twilight saga series. Lautner started his career by playing minor roles in ‘My wife and kids and The Bernie Mac show, which are both comedy series. Later, he appeared in television series like Danny phantom and ‘What’s new Scooby-Doo, which was performed in 2005. His acting career has then taken fly and appeared in Abduction in 2011.
By performing many characters gradually he got the main role in Scream Queens in 2016. And then with the series of many other films and television series, he contracted the part in the twilight saga, becoming a worldwide sensation. He achieved many awards after that and was recognized as the highest-paid teenager in Hollywood.
Taylor also loves to play baseball and used to hip-hop dance in his high school. He was also active in martial arts.
Date of birth: February 11, 1992
Weight: 74 kg
Taylor Lautner’s workout routine:
The werewolf’s workout routine in the twilight saga is no more mysterious to the audience anymore. Before Jacob (his character name in the twilight saga), Taylor was not that much muscular. But he has to maintain a muscular body and for that, Taylor workouts a lot to gain weight because after starting his acting career he was just a skinny guy. His transformation from scraggy to brawny is quite remarkable.
Taylor Lautner followed the workout routine for about 9 months to gain the strength and muscular physique of the werewolf. He was quite persistent in his workout and exercises differently on day to day basis and is quite passionate about his training sessions. But the work hours are not like the whole day or very hard, rather 50 minutes workout timing during the day. But he got the strenuous body, no doubt.
Taylor Lautner’s cardio workout:
Generally, most actors prefer to do the cardio workout because it’s the major part of a full-body workout. So, Taylor is not behind also, rather he loves to do cardio, which usually helps in the burning of fats and gain a more muscular physique. By gaining about 30ibs muscular weight, everyone was quite astonished about him.
In the cardio workout of Taylor Lautner, he loves to do HIIT, which involves running on the treadmill (20minuts) and then on the rowing machine (10 minutes). And after HIIT, he prefers:
- Running (1 minute), at a moderate pace
- Sprints (30 seconds), at maximum pace
- Rest (30 seconds)
Taylor Lautner’s workout routine goes for about 5 days, with 3 days’ rest. Because rest is also crucial for developing a muscular body. Here is the persistent workout routine of Taylor Lautner.
Day 1: Monday- Chest, and triceps
Warm-up: push-ups (3 sets, 10 reps), stretching
- Dips (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Dumbbell incline chest fly (light) (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Barbell bench press (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Dumbbell triceps overhead extension (3 sets, 8-15 reps)
- Close grip triceps press (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Dumbbell incline benchpress (4 sets, 8-10 reps)
Day 2: Tuesday – back and biceps
Warm-up: Stretching, Air squats, and wide grip push-ups
- T-bar rows (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Preacher curls (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Lateral pulldowns (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Deadlift (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Dumbbell bicep curls (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Cable rows (4 sets, 15 reps)
Day 3: Wednesday – Legs
Warm-up: air squats, stretching
- Box jumps (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Hamstring curls (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Barbell back squats (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Leg press (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Calf raises (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Weighted lunges (4 sets, 15 reps)
Day 4: Thursday – Shoulder workout
Warm-up: Stretching, pull-ups
- Face pulls (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Dumbbell shrugs (4 sets, 15 reps)
- Military press (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Barbell shrugs (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Arnold presses (3 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Dumbbell front shoulder raises (4 sets, 15 reps)
Day 5: Friday – Core workout
- Hanging leg raises (3 sets, 15 reps)
- Weighted planks (3 sets for 30 seconds)
- Weighted twisted sit-ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Reverse crunches (3 sets, 25 reps)
Then the rest for Saturday and Sunday. Rest is necessary for muscular workouts.
Taylor Lautner’s Diet plan
Along with the workout routine, a proper diet is also beneficial for a healthy body, for instance, if you want to gain weight, then proteins in the diet are a must. And Taylor has to eat a lot to gain that perfect werewolf body. Normally, a person eats about 1000- 1500 calories a day but Taylor has to eat 3000 calories a day.
The timing of diet and healthy food should have to be maintained for a healthy body, and Taylor takes care of his diet as his body.
- Carbohydrates and Proteins
- Two servings of toast
- Omelet of 4 egg white
- Pomegranate juice
- Rotisserie chicken
- Green beans
- Butters squash
- Cooked salmon with sweet potato
- Mix veggies
That was the workout routine and diet plan of Taylor Lautner which he maintains during his acting career. Read more about: Nina Dobrev’s workout routine and diet plan.