Phil Heath’s workout routine goes on the alternative days i.e. workouts on the first two days and the rest for the next day, then the cycle repeats. His workout routine occurs on alternative days under the guidance of his trainer Hany Rambod. Also, the session of cardio is included in his workout routine which helps in muscle building. The diet plan of Jay cutler contains more carbs and proteins than fats which helps him stay healthy and fit all the time.
Who is Phil Heath?
Phil Heath is an American bodybuilder who is the winner of Mr. Olympia seven times from 2011 to 2017. His physique is considered perfectly fit and well-balanced at all times. Born in Seattle, Washington, Heath initiates his career as a basketball player in 2002 and then turned to bodybuilding in 2005 and won the title of National Physique Committee NPC championship in 2007. Following that, he won two IFBB professional events and placed in the fifth position at the Arnold classic.
After that in 2008, Heath achieved the Iron Man show and made the second position. With the success in many competitions and placing first many times, Heath achieved the crown in 2011.
Phil Heath’s date of birth: December 18, 1979
Phil Heath height: 5 ft 9 inch
Phil heath weight: 250 Ibs in contests
Phil heath workout principles:
As a bodybuilder, Heath has to follow a unique routine and training for staying fit and competitive with the opponent. Phil Heath doesn’t just work out extremely tough rather he does what works best for him. According to Heath, there are some days that he doesn’t have to count his sets but then there are the days when his workout routine goes to the extreme and he has to do a session of cardio after a workout and then another session of training.
Phil Heath workout routine:
Phil Heath is a pro bodybuilder who works hard for the first two days and then takes a rest. After the third day, Heath starts another training session. His workout routine lasts for about two hours under the guidance of his personal trainer Hany Rambod, who formulated the Fascia stretch training system, FST system.
During the whole week, Heath has divided his workout routine according to his body part. He focuses on one part of the body on one day and the other part on the next day. He also believed in training each part of the body twice followed by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ronnie Coleman. His training lasts four days of the week and ends with a rest day, then a cardio session, and a rest day as well.
Phil Heath’s day-to-day workout routine:
Day 1 – Monday – Legs
The workout routine of Phil Heath on Monday aims at legs, which vary in sets and reps.
- Leg press Calf raises (7 sets, 10-20 reps)
- Hack squats (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Stiff leg deadlift(4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Leg press (7 sets, 7 reps)
- Lying leg curls (7 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Front squats (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Seated leg curls (4 sets, 15-20 reps)
- Leg extensions (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Standing calf raises (7 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Seated calf raises (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
Read more: Margot Robbie Workout routine and diet plan
Day 2- Tuesday – Triceps, and chest
Tuesday is the day for chest and triceps in Phil Heath’s workout routine.
- Hamer strength bench press (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Pec-decks (7 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Lying triceps extensions (7 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Dips (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell incline fly (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Triceps pushdown (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Close grip bench press (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell incline press (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
Day 3- Wednesday – Rest
He takes rest on Wednesday because as the workouts are important for the proper body strength and durability, the rest is also vital for the repairing and recovery of muscles.
Day 4 – Thursday – Biceps and back
Thursday’s workout routine of Phil’s heath involves the back and biceps.
- Power grip chin-ups (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Bent over rows (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Hammer curls (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Straight arm pulldowns (7 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Concentration curls (3 sets, 12 reps)
- T-bar rows (4 sets, 12 reps)
- Wide-grip pull-ups (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Standing EZ bar curls (3 sets, 12 reps)
- Hammer strength preacher curls (7 sets, 8-10 reps)
- One-arm dumbbell rows (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
Day 5 – Friday – Traps, and shoulders
Friday is the day for shoulders and traps for Heath.
- Dumbbell front raise (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell lateral raise (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Barbell shrugs (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Smith machine military press (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Upright rows (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell shrugs (4 sets, 10-12 reps)
Day 6 – Saturday – cardio exercises
Cardio exercises are as essential as water in workout routines. It helps in the burning of fats and calories which indirectly improves the strength of the body. As a bodybuilder, Heath has to retain his workout ‘intensity for the performance and we know he is seven times winner of Mr. Olympia.
Cardio exercises also improve cardiovascular exercises and help in training more effectively.
Day 7 – Sunday – Rest
Sunday is the rest day of Phil Heath.
Phil Heath diet plan:
Phil Heath uptake 5000 calories per day including carbs and proteins. But during the contest days of Phil Heath, his calories were lowered.
For better performance, Heath takes a healthy diet and a lot of water for hydration. In his diet, he uptakes:
- egg white
- Chicken breasts
- Brown rice
And all the proteins and carbs which contain the essential elements for the body.
He has many meals per day like breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner. Above that, tilapia and steamed broccoli are also added to his diet for the nutrients. He takes beef tenderloin and sweet potatoes as a side meal in his diet.
This is the picture Heath shared on his Instagram which shows his diet plan.
Don’t forget to read: Eminem’s workout routine: and diet plan