Dorian Yates’ workout routine involves short and intense routines as compared to long and slow ones. Dorian Yates works out goes by skipping a day for rest a week, on Wednesday he takes rest saying that rest is necessary for building the muscles and gaining more weight. The next day, again workout. while mostly protein base products are included in his diet plan which improves muscular mass.
Who is Dorian Yates?
Dorian Yates nicknamed ‘the Shadow’ is a retired bodybuilder who won the title of Mr. Olympia six times from 1992 to 1997 consecutively. He is considered the top professional bodybuilder in olden times. In the workout routine of Yates, he included HIT (high-intensity training) and thick and wide back.
Dorian Yates was born in England and during his early years of life, he has to remain in jail for 6 months. It was because of the city riots where everything was seen broken while he and his friends were passing through it. According to Yates, one of his friends tried to steal the hat from the window, which broke the rest of the things in the shop. As a consequence of this, each of the 6 friends has to spend time in junior jail, where his heavy weight lifting journey begins.
According to Yates, he used to lift heavy weights which inspires him to become a world’s notable bodybuilder. After that, in 1983, he started working out at the bodybuilding gym in Birmingham. And after a year, he won 1984 Mr. Birmingham and for heavy weightlifting, he became the British champion for the very first time.
During his successful career as a bodybuilder, he won many accolades and win every competition he encounters. But his career ends when he faces different injuries to the triceps and biceps. Despite these injuries, he won the 1997 Mr. Olympics which creates controversies among people.
Date of birth: April 19, 1962
Weight: 264 lb
Dorian Yates workout routine
Dorian Yates prefers intense and short workouts rather than slow and long ones. Yates is one of the many people who are extraordinary in their career and became the first who has a mass amount of muscular body. But the injuries he faced, were because of the intensive workout during his contests.
Yates once told that 12 years of steroid use is better than 3 meals of McDonald’s a day. The day-to-day workout routine of Dorian Yates is given below:
Day 1: Monday – Shoulder, Abs, Triceps
- Dumbbell shrugs (1 set, 10-20 reps)
- Weighted sit-up (2 sets, 15-30 reps)
- Smith machine shoulder press (2 sets, 15-30 reps)
- Cable crunch (2 sets. 15-30 reps)
- Seated Dumbbell Lateral raise (2 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Bar skull crusher (1 set, 8-20 reps)
- One-arm cable lateral raise (2 sets, 10-30 reps)
- Triceps pushdown (1 set, 8-10 reps)
Day 2: Tuesday – back
- One-arm dumbbell row (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Hyperextension (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Dumbbell Pullover (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Barbell deadlift (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Hammer pulldowns (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Wide grip seated cable row (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Reverse grip Hammer pulldowns (1 set, 8-10 reps)
Day 3: Wednesday- Rest
In Yates’s workout routine, he prefers to rest on Wednesday.
Day 4: Thursday – Biceps, chest, abs
- Cable crossover (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Incline barbell bench press (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Decline bench press (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Biceps Curls (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Machine chest press (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Flat Bench Dumbbell Fly (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Bar Biceps curls (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Fly (1 set, 8-10 reps)
- Machine preacher curls (1 set, 8-10 reps)
Day 5: Friday – Rest
In Dorian Yates’s workout routine, Friday is also a rest day, about which he thinks rest is very necessary after the hard and intense workout to gain muscular mass.
Day 6: Saturday – Legs
- Hack squat (1 set, 10-12 reps)
- Leg extension (1 set, 10-12 reps)
- Seated hamstring (1 set, 10-12 reps)
- Leg press (1 set, 10-12 reps)
- 5 minutes break
- Calf press (1 set, 10-12 reps)
- Stiff-legged Deadlift (1 set, 10-12 reps)
- Seated calf raise (1 set, 10-12 reps)
Day 7: Sunday – Rest
This was the workout routine of Dorian yates. When he retired, he started a business, and bought a gym temple where he train young people, also he
Dorian Yates diet plan:
Dorian Yates’s diet includes both carbohydrates and proteins. Proteins are for building a muscular physique.
Yates’s diet consists of:
- Porridge with oatmeal
- Egg whites (10)
- Protein powder
- Protein shake
- Green vegetables
Again protein shake
- Mignon (12 oz)
- Rice/ potato
- Green veggies
- 6 white eggs
This was the diet plan of Dorian Yates. Read more: Taylor Lautner’s workout routine and diet plan.