Dancing With The Stars boss Larry Bass says team members have been “doubling up” to keep the programme operating, as RTE prepares to decide on audience return this week.
Mr Bass thanked his ShinAwiL staff for going above and above to keep the show on the air as cast and crew continue to be sickened by Covid-19 and forced into isolation.
Jennifer Zamparelli had to miss last week’s show due to Covid-19, so pal and 2FM personality Lottie Ryan hosted with Nicky Byrne.
“We’re no different than a hospital or a bus service,” Mr Bass said.
These days, no form of business can run without being touched by the pandemic.
We are like any other industry. It’s not easy dealing with a well-oiled machine. It’s difficult to replace personnel last minute or on production day.
“The crew was amazing. All because folks who tested positive the morning of production can’t go to the studio.”
RTE officials will decide later on week whether or not to bring back a live audience.
On Sunday nights, only close family members of celebrities are allowed in the studio.
Even with the toughest procedures, Love Island’s Matthew MacNabb had to self isolate after contracting Covid-19.
As the Omicron version jeopardised the show, Emily Barker, a professional dancer, immediately followed.
On Sunday, Cathy Kelly, a writer, was the first celebrity to go.
This Sunday, 11 celebrities will compete for the glitterball prize.